Originally known as Spadina Heights (a derivative of the Ojibwe
description), Forest Hill was incorporated as a village in 1923.
Unlike most neighbourhoods where community interaction is seen
throughout the district, Forest Hill residents' interation mostly
revolves around clusters of small independently owned stores seen
throughout the area.
Forest Hill has a very large Jewish, Russian and Polish demographic.
accounting for approximately 50% of the residents in the neighbourhood.