Settled in 1838, The Junction was previously an independent city called West Toronto, that was also its own federal electoral district until amalgamating with the city of Toronto in 1909.
The Junction was a town of industry, housing many manufactorys, mills, meat plants, furniture assembly wearhouses and railways. This mostly working class neighbourhood was inhabited by mostly English and Irish labourers.. Many non-English speaking immigrants came soon after including Italians, Poles, Macedonians and Croats.
When the Long depression hit in the late 1800s, the drinking got so out of hand in the neighbourhood that they had to ban the sale of alcohol. This ban lasted until 2001... when residents were finally allowed to pour drinks again. Two... thousand... and one...
10% of the profits from the sale of this product will go towards buying beer from breweries in the Junction because may god have mercy on those poor souls who lived here from 1904 until 2001.